Unanswered: FoxPro for Dos Network Problem

I've created a system in FPD 2.6 and im running it on Windows 2000 computers. I have the dbf files reside on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I am using file sharing since the system is a multiuser platform. There seems to be a problem on network clogging because most of the users get these message "file read error" and processing seems to be too slow. The system used to work properly and I havnt done any major revision on it. What could be causing these problems? Do I need to adjust some Windows 2000 settings? I have checked the CPU and network load of the server but I think the problem is not there since its CPU utilization is very minimal.

I would really appreciate your immediate response.

Re: FoxPro for Dos Network Problem

the error 'file read error' is due to the fact that the databases are not shared and used. you have to set exclusive off and use datbase shared.
    i too make use of such a network but does not get this error due to proper sharing. But ofcourse i too have the network very slow.
    i'm still on my hunt for a solution.

Originally posted by glitch
    I've created a system in FPD 2.6 and im running it on Windows 2000 computers. I have the dbf files reside on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I am using file sharing since the system is a multiuser platform. There seems to be a problem on network clogging because most of the users get these message "file read error" and processing seems to be too slow. The system used to work properly and I havnt done any major revision on it. What could be causing these problems? Do I need to adjust some Windows 2000 settings? I have checked the CPU and network load of the server but I think the problem is not there since its CPU utilization is very minimal.

I would really appreciate your immediate response.

i have the files shared and they are not in exclusive mode whenever they would be open. but i do make use of file locks whenever i need exclusive access for a certain table. i've tried deploying the system in a win98 environment, i have noticed that those errors where eliminated. is there any way or tweaking i should do in order for it to work well in win2k?