Linking a data base to a web page

hi to everyone here ive just signed up and i must admit my 1st impressions are whata good site this is! anyway enough of the brown nosing i was wondering if anyone could help me? im creating a web site in dreamweaver mx and i would like to link a data base to it either using ideally microsoft access or sql. what i want is to be able to update stats,records etc. im just wondering if anyone knows how to do this?

thanks for your time david

Re: Linking a data base to a web page

Originally posted by Williams_07
    hi to everyone here ive just signed up and i must admit my 1st impressions are whata good site this is! anyway enough of the brown nosing i was wondering if anyone could help me? im creating a web site in dreamweaver mx and i would like to link a data base to it either using ideally microsoft access or sql. what i want is to be able to update stats,records etc. im just wondering if anyone knows how to do this?

thanks for your time david
    you will need to download a database server like coldfusion administrator. It's free for thirty days and it will allow you to dynamically input data through dreamweaver. I'm not sure what php uses.