Unanswered: disconnect then reconnect linked tables?

Can anyone tell me how to disconnect then reconnect linked table?

Basically i want to disconnect the link so i can backup the backend, then reconnect when finished.

This is going to be an automated process.

Thanks for your help.

This could be difficult. Each front end connects to the back end.

With access the best thing to do would be to make a copy of the file and save it somewhere. Would that do the trick?

I'm not sure you need to disconect...
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

Possibly, although the reason i want to disconnect the links is so data wouldn't be corrupted.

Maybe your right though I could make a copy then compact that (which what i was going to be doing anyway.

if you wanted to do something that was automated (VERY custom) you could create a custom front end that would read the data out of the database and place it somewhere else. This special new FE could use table level locking to keep people out of the table untill it was finnished. If you connected to all tables you would effectivly disconect all users.

Beware though that if you do this during day-time activity goodness only knows how many error reports the users will send you.

However sometimes the simple option is best.
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682