Unanswered: Senior Oracle developer needed in New York
Luxoft, big Russia based customized software development company opens Senior Oracle developer position.
Some projects directed to big international investment bank require an on-site DBA to support three applications. The role will be based on-site in the New York. This role will also require interfacing with the business clients, and off-shore development teams to ensure the prompt resolution of problems and the delivery of new functionality.
The role involves the resolution of production issues with projects, ensuring application stability, performance and supporting development requests in all associated environments. It also requires the participation in the pro-active development of new functionality in these applications. The role will also require the support of data quality, user creation and configuration, and the production of scheduled and reporting requests.
The position requires a deep understanding of business process, business requirements workflow and security entitlements that exist within these application environments. The candidates should have the business data as well as technical skills listed below.
The person will work 95% in the New York office with occasional travel to Moscow or London if required during major functional development phases.
- 5+ years experience of work in commercial software development projects as an Oracle developer and Oracle DBA
- 3+ years experience of working in a role that involves production database support of mission critical applications
- 3+ years working with ‘n’-tier web based applications
- Demonstrable project experience in the development and support of complex user entitlements and functional security modeling.
- Technical expert in Oracle 8i/9i, including PL/SQL, stored procedures
- Experience creating complex reports, knowledge of Oracle Reports, Brio or other reporting tool
- Experience in application integration (real time system integration, complex data load procedures, complex conditional load processes).
- Experience with Oracle and application performance turning
- Knowledge of Unix and Unix Scripting
- Data Modeling, logical and physical design
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English and Russian are obligatory, confident with business users and communicating requirements clearly
- Green card /citizenship is essential
Nice to have:
- Investment banking experience
- Project life cycle experience, change management
- Experience in client or deal management applications
Compensation: $ 75 K / year gross + medical insurance