Red face Unanswered: how do i populate a table from a form control which is based on a query

help....i am very new to access!!

I have created a form with a combo box and three text field...I have the text field populaing when you select from the combo box. However although the data appears in the form it does not get saved in my table, the form is bound as are all the controls....please help!!!

Re: how do i populate a table from a form control which is based on a query

As you're a novice I'd use the wizards in Form Design to add a Save button.

Should be fairly straight forward.

Regards - Andy

thanks for your quick response

I have tried doing this but my table is still blank...the value from the combo box is populated but nothing else.

any ideas?

No probs.

Not sure; I thought you said all your fields were bound but it doesn't sound like they are, especially this text box that is being populated by a combo... I don't see how that can be bound if you're setting it's control source to be the value of the combo.

Could you instead change the target text box to a combo box and keep that combo box bound to the field you're tying to save into. That sounds easier to me.

Regards

Originally posted by jules1978
    help....i am very new to access!!

I have created a form with a combo box and three text field...I have the text field populaing when you select from the combo box. However although the data appears in the form it does not get saved in my table, the form is bound as are all the controls....please help!!!
    Send me your sample base in Access 97 format then a see all the problem make the update an sen to you ... Ok
    Saludos
    Norberto

Originally posted by jules1978
    thanks for your quick response

I have tried doing this but my table is still blank...the value from the combo box is populated but nothing else.

any ideas?
    Make a reply and put your sample base in Access 97 format for see all the problem, then i make the update and send to you that is the best way.
    Saludos
    Norberto