Unanswered: Changing printers for reports

Well this does seem a tricky one - I need to create a pdf of a report and the way I have approached it is to use Paperport, which allows you to select its printer driver in the print dialog and goes away and does it for you.

But it seems that for Access 2k and before selecting the printer programmatically is a real bind. I've tried doing it but got in a real pickle - does anyone have some nice code which might do it? Or any alternative suggestions? There's always SendKeys but I can't even get that working at the moment - just one of those days.

Any reason why SendKeys "^P" shouldn't bring up the print dialog?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Changing printers for reports

Originally posted by andysiant
    Well this does seem a tricky one - I need to create a pdf of a report and the way I have approached it is to use Paperport, which allows you to select its printer driver in the print dialog and goes away and does it for you.

But it seems that for Access 2k and before selecting the printer programmatically is a real bind. I've tried doing it but got in a real pickle - does anyone have some nice code which might do it? Or any alternative suggestions? There's always SendKeys but I can't even get that working at the moment - just one of those days.

Any reason why SendKeys "^P" shouldn't bring up the print dialog?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Have you tried using CutePDF? It makes a print spooler that shows as a print device ... You can set it as the default printer if necessary ...

No but Paperport does exactly the same thing. I don't really want to set it as the default device because presumably this will mean that all other applications will have this as default too - I only want to set it as default for this report.

No but Paperport does exactly the same thing. I don't really want to set it as the default device because presumably this will mean that all other applications will have this as default too - I only want to set it as default for this report.
    You can't set it as a default for a single report ... Are you using the print preview? I think you can specify the printer to print to when you design the report ...

So you can!!! Brilliant, thanks! BTW do you have any idea why my SendKeys line isn't working?

So you can!!! Brilliant, thanks! BTW do you have any idea why my SendKeys line isn't working?
    Yes ... In order to use the "special" characters "+", "^", "~", or "%" you need to enclose them with {} brackets ... The help file explains this.