Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4

    Unanswered: View contents of stored procedure

    Hi,
    I would like to know the command for viewing the contents of a stored procedure in oracle.My stored procedure is withing a package .Also i dont have access to install TOAD and can use SQL Plus only.Hence im a bit tied up.
    Cant seem to remember the SQL command.
    Please help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    27

    Talking Re: View contents of stored procedure

    Originally posted by STACEY
    Hi,
    I would like to know the command for viewing the contents of a stored procedure in oracle.My stored procedure is withing a package .Also i dont have access to install TOAD and can use SQL Plus only.Hence im a bit tied up.
    Cant seem to remember the SQL command.
    Please help
    hi,

    select text from all_source where name is your object name... this can be run from sql prompt.
    ~bagchi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4

    Re: View contents of stored procedure

    This query doesnt seem to list the procedures that are within a package structure.
    I used this query but the details of the procedure doesnt show up.
    Is there a seperate command to view contents within packages in oracle


    Originally posted by bagchi
    hi,

    select text from all_source where name is your object name... this can be run from sql prompt.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4

    Re: View contents of stored procedure

    I got it .The query i right.
    I need to
    select * from user_source where name = package name
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    27

    Re: View contents of stored procedure

    Originally posted by STACEY
    I got it .The query i right.
    I need to
    select * from user_source where name = package name
    Thanks
    hope you got whatever you were looking for.....
    ~bagchi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    136
    Hi,

    1) select * from ALL_SOURCE
    where NAME ='your_package_name';
    --> here you can see the compete package-code;

    2) select * from ALL_SOURCE
    where NAME ='your_package_name'
    and TYPE = 'PACKAGE';
    --> now you can see the needed line-numbers

    3) select the lines


    Regards,
    Julia
    Last edited by julla27; 04-01-04 at 10:46.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    29
    Thanks every one. I'm learning ORACLE now and the queries you mentioned helped me.

    Just wanted to say

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •