Unanswered: Access reports averages to excel spreadsheet

Im trying to develop some reports in access that I want to export to an excel spreadsheet so I can format and maniuplate the data better. Everything goes really smoothly except when I try to bring in avereages. Using grouping in the reports I can achieve the desired results for all sum functions. Any avereages dont show up in either detial or in the grand avgerages. I could even type in my own caluculted field to recieve my resluts (i.e. the coulmn C could be derived by using B/A ) but the result does not carry over. I have read that in 2000 only sums could be transferred. Currently I', using Access 2002 but I could go up to 2003 if that would solve the problem. Also, I cant get rid of the "Grand total sum for TABLE" words when I import it and it screws up my alignment. I assume its importing the name of the text box and then posting the results next to it, but I just want the results so everything is aligned nice and pretty. If anyone has any suggestions at all I would greatly appreciate it. This is driving me crazy.

Thank you all so much.

Rick

Why use the output of a report? You would be better off using the results of the query.

Its essentially the group to function that I need. For instance I would group divisons together, say Chicago. I need all of the detail records from the divison, and then the totals for that divison, sums and averages, and then the overall group sums and averages. If you can group with all the details in a query that would be awsome, but could I still take in averages from the query to excel?