Red face Unanswered: HELP! I am all lost

Hello Everyone!!

Most of the forms of the forms of the application I am building were created and working.
    Now from the main form when I click a button that calls another form, I get the following msg:

"The expression On CLick you entered as the event properly setting poroduced the following error: A problem ocurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with OLE server or ActiveX Control.
    * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
    * There may have been an error evaluating the fnction, event, or macro."

Now none of the buttons on the application is working anymore...
    The wierd thing is that yesterday, the main form was working when I turned of the laptop. Now I am the first person to turn it on and no longer working ,...

Could anybody please help me???

THank you
    Atha

Re: HELP! I am all lost

I have come across this problem before and what was causing it was an event procedure for a button was entered twice in the code. Either delete one of the procedures within the code or change the name of the event procedure. Not sure if your situation will be the same though.

Originally posted by atha
    Hello Everyone!!

Most of the forms of the forms of the application I am building were created and working.
    Now from the main form when I click a button that calls another form, I get the following msg:

"The expression On CLick you entered as the event properly setting poroduced the following error: A problem ocurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with OLE server or ActiveX Control.
    * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].

The wierd thing is that yesterday, the main form was working when I turned of the laptop. Now I am the first person to turn it on and no longer working ,...

THank you

Re: HELP! I am all lost

Originally posted by atha
    Hello Everyone!!

THank you
    Prube if the forms work fine out the main form, if works fine the problem
    can be that the main form or switchboard don´t found the project.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Open a code window. In the Debug menu select Compile And Save All Modules (in Access97) or Compile projectName (in Access200x). This should find and point directly to your problem in code.