Unanswered: Configuration Manager

I have set up 2 datasources in the sybase configuration manager. The first entry I have is for a production server and the other one is for a development server. The 2 connection strings that I have are:

Provider=Sybase ASE OLE DB Provider;Data Source=live;User Id=****;Password=****;

Provider=Sybase ASE OLE DB Provider;Data Source=dev;User Id=****;Password=****;

When I use the second connection string with "dev" it gets the connection settings that are defined in "live".

Any help or ideas would be great.

Or can I use the DSEDIT connection properties in my connection string instead? If so what would it look like??

Thanks,
    Ben

Re: Configuration Manager

Or can I use the DSEDIT connection properties in my connection string instead? If so what would it look like??

Thanks,
    Ben
    Hi,

DSEDIT changes the settings in the interfaces or "SQL.ini" file. You'll need one setting for each environment. For Windows (I assuming the client is windows because you're using OLE/DB), you'll need something similar to the following in the SQL.ini file.

[dev]
    query=tcp,192.168.0.2,5000

[live]
    query=tcp,192.168.0.3,5000

DSEDIT adds these entries for you, but I find it easier just to tweak the ini file. SQL.ini can be found in

%SYBASE%\ini

Obviously change the IP Addresses and port numbers to suit your environment.

I can't comment on more about OLE/DB as it leaves me cold.

HTH.