Good morning!
I have a little situation in which due to our configuration I am required to assign computer in my domain to specific servers based according to their ip address. The reason for this is that we have a large number of servers and want to load the balance and IP ranges in our case is very convinient. Norton Enterprise requires that you copy the Grc.dat file from the VPHOME shared folder on the parent server. By default, the shared folder points to <OS drive>:\Program Files\SAV on the parent server.

If your computer has an Ip address that falls in between 256.256.256.10 and 256.256.256.200 then you should you should be pointing to Server 1 and that will require a copy of the GRC from server one to be copied to that machine.

You can see my problem when trying to automate this and the normal tools do not provide that functionality.

I need to be able to do the following:
1. Be able to retrieve the IP address of the local machine and then compare it to a predetermined list

2. According to the answer I will be able to send the proper configuration file to the machine.

We have another tool that we utilize (Wise Package Studio version 5.1) and that allows the creation of packages that utilize VB for its logic.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to retrieve that Ip address (easy way) so that I can do the comparison?

If you have a different approach I am more than welcome to hear it.

Thanks.