Unanswered: Merge Replication

I have merge replication setup between 2 servers and the subscriber had been offline for about 24 hours due to a network outage. What would be the best and easiest way to resynch the data. Would my best bet be a reinitialization or should I start a new snapshop and reapply. Also can I start a snapshot while users are using the publishing database?

Thanks,
    Mike

What is the retention period? Is subscription expired? Anyway you can remove expared subscription and setup it again or just mark it for reinitialization. User activity does not have very big influence on snapshot performance.

Thanks, Im not reallly concerned about performance of the snapshot just about loosing data that is entered while the snapshot is being created. Is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by michael40378
    Thanks, Im not reallly concerned about performance of the snapshot just about loosing data that is entered while the snapshot is being created. Is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks,
    Mike
    You have nothing to worry about. All updates will be propagated to subscriber (or will be pulled by subscriber - I prefer this case, publisher just resting from merge agent) after applying snapshots.

Will reinitialization create a new snapshot or should I manually create one before I reinitialize?

Sorry to be a pain. Thanks for your help.
    Mike

Originally posted by michael40378
    Will reinitialization create a new snapshot or should I manually create one before I reinitialize?

Sorry to be a pain. Thanks for your help.
    Mike
    Depends on was subscription expired or not. For sure start snapshot agent manually.