Unanswered: crosstab with column headings of multiple rows

I'm trying to create a crosstab query in Access that will allow me to display linked data from multiple fields in the column heading (creating, essentially multiple rows in the column heading).

I would like to display results of lab samples in a cross tab for different tests. I would like the lab samples and their unique sample data (sample date, time taken) to appear in the column header. I would like the tests to be in row headings and the results to be the values. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to put multiple related fields as a unit in a crosstab heading.

In sum, this is a diagram of what I would like to create:

sample name sample name2
    sample date sample date2
    sample time sample time2

Test 1 result result
    Test 2 result result

Can anyone help me with this? Is this possible in Access? I have done this on a smaller scale in Excel by pivoting tables, but I'd like to know if this is possible in Access.

Thanks!
    Mary

Re: crosstab with column headings of multiple rows

Apologies: My tabs did not register in my diagram! the row headings are Test1 and Test 2, the group column heading is (sample name, sample date, sample time) and the result values are the values.

Thanks again for any advice!
    Mary

Originally posted by mbeaton
    I'm trying to create a crosstab query in Access that will allow me to display linked data from multiple fields in the column heading (creating, essentially multiple rows in the column heading).

I would like to display results of lab samples in a cross tab for different tests. I would like the lab samples and their unique sample data (sample date, time taken) to appear in the column header. I would like the tests to be in row headings and the results to be the values. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to put multiple related fields as a unit in a crosstab heading.

In sum, this is a diagram of what I would like to create:

sample name sample name2
    sample date sample date2
    sample time sample time2

Test 1 result result
    Test 2 result result

Can anyone help me with this? Is this possible in Access? I have done this on a smaller scale in Excel by pivoting tables, but I'd like to know if this is possible in Access.

Thanks!
    Mary