Unanswered: How do I set the value of text boxes depending on combo box value?

I've got a form. This form has 12 text boxes and 2 combo boxes on it. The way it's supposed to work is as follows...

(1) You fill in the first 4 text boxes then

(2) You select a value from either 1 of the 2 combo boxes, which

(3) Sets the values of 6 of the remaining text boxes (leaving the values of only 2 text boxes not yet set)

(4) You fill in the 2 remaining text boxes

The problem is in that I can't get the combo boxes (refer to step #2) to set the values of the 6 particular text boxes (refer to step #3). I don't know how to program the remaining 2 text boxes whose values are not set either.

As for more specific examples, I've found that I just confuse things by trying to explain what the six tables are, what their relationships are, etc. The best thing to do is to look at the database. It's really very simple, as is the desired functionality that I described earlier, but I can't figure it out.

In the attached zip file I've provided a text file with the description of a specific example and the little (95 KB) database.

So that you can know something about the database for now, it is for reference of the verbs of four languages, English, Spanish, Portugues, and Kreyol; thus, the name "Quadling."

Thanks!
    -Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

NOt sure

I have downloaded your file. I am not sure what you are wanting to accomplish. You have separate tabs. Do you want to change data across tabs? When you change the combo box, what 6 things do you want to change with it?

I would love to help
    Gotta to do some code

Thrilled beyond word by your willingness and sig!

What I am wanting to accomplish is... to provide a form with the twofold purpose of (1) entry of new records and (2) reference to existing records.

I have separate tabs because such an arrangement makes the most sense for the purposes of the form. I'm going to port it a clamshell handheld device. Thus, the cramped size.

Yes I want to change data across tabs. For example, say the "Espanol" tab is active, and let's say I've filled in the 4 text boxes labeled English through Kreyol. Specifically, I filled in "to walk," "andar," "andar," and "mache," respectively.

Next I would want to click the combo box labeled "Conjugacion" and select "hablar."

The values of the 3 text boxes on the "Espanol" tab should be set to "hablando," "hablado," and "hable," respectively. These text boxes are labeled "Present Participle," Past Participle," and "Imperative."

At the same time the values of the 3 text boxes on the "Espanol" tab get set, the 3 values of the 3 text boxes and the value of the combo box on the "Portuguese" tab get set.

Specifically, the values of the 3 text boxes on the "Portuguese" tab should be set to "falando," "falaado," and "fale," respectively. These text boxes are labeled "Present Participle," Past Participle," and "Imperative," same as those on the "Espanol" tab.

The values of only the two text boxes on the tab labeled "Kreyol" have not been set by this point. You just fill them in is all.

THANKS!!

Try this

You can make this real easy!!

Have one combo box. Make it for the English "to speak or to talk"

1 table for Infinitives
    1 table for Spanish Tenses
    1 table for Portuguese Tenses
    1 table for Kreyol Expressions

When you enter the English infinitive you could have all the data shown on your page at once. See if I can show you!

to speak
    Espanol Portuguese Kreyol
    Present Participle Hablando Hablando pale expression placeholder
    Past Participle Hablado Hablado
    Imperative Hable Hable

Something like this. Have everything associated with the english infinitive ie. "to speak"

Hope this helps

I did a similar form for my guys translating Spanish. I am bilingual in Spanish.

Surf
    Gotta to do some code

I'm going to see if changing up the whole structure per your suggestion is the best approach for me. Thanks.

No me quedo a mi escritorio por mucho tiempo mas hoy, porque salgo temprano de mi trabajo para ir a Miami (vivo en West Palm Beach, FL) a ver un conjunto de Tejas, "Salvador" esta noche. Estamos muy emocionados. Vamos a tener un tiempo loco y guapachoso alla en la ciudad que nunca duerma. Tengo un cuero rompido que tenia en mi bongo que espero que el percucionista firmaria.

-Davi

Buenos suerte
    Gotta to do some code

Thanks for the suggestion, but...

If I restructured the whole database with just the 4 tables as you suggest, I would lose the capability of selecting according strictly to conjugations. As you know, the majority of Spanish verbs may be conjugated as "-ar," "-er," or "-ir." Then there's the irregular verbs to contend with. Spanish and Portuguese together have about 43 verb forms total if you account for the regular conjugations plus irregular forms.

Please look at the attached zip file, which has a txt file with a specific example of desired functionality when entering a verb. The zip file also contains the little (95 KB) database.

I'm getting desparate. I hope to hear back from you ASAP!
    Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files