Unanswered: Sybase 11.9.2 How to view if row-locking is set on a particular table???

We have not been able to figure out how to check a given table to see if it has row locking (at Sybase's web site, the manuals we have around, etc.).

I see everything on setting the parameter and all of the advantages/disadvantages.....but nowhere on how to view if a particular table has row-locking enabled.

I know we have tables on the system which are set that way and I need to know which ones.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike Rowe
    Mike R.

Re: Sybase 11.9.2 How to view if row-locking is set on a particular table???

Originally posted by mike5377
    We have not been able to figure out how to check a given table to see if it has row locking (at Sybase's web site, the manuals we have around, etc.).

I see everything on setting the parameter and all of the advantages/disadvantages.....but nowhere on how to view if a particular table has row-locking enabled.

I know we have tables on the system which are set that way and I need to know which ones.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike Rowe
    This info is true for Sybase 12.5 - and I don't think it's anything new...

If you know the name of the table you're interested in, running the sp_help command will tell you. It's one of the final pieces of information displayed

Lock scheme: [Allpages or Datapages or Datarows]

Datarows is row-level locking.

I have located the answer, sp_help is correct and provides the lock scheme.

Thanks for your assistance and I appreciate your response.

Mike
    Last edited by mike5377; 04-02-04 at 11:00.
    Mike R.

Originally posted by mike5377
    I have located the answer, sp_help is correct and provides the lock scheme.

Thanks for your assistance and I appreciate your response.

Mike
    No worries - this is good to know, it was beginning to worry me that you couldn't find out!

In case anyone's interested, pre 11.9.2 Sybase didn't offer anything other than allpages locking, so sp_help in a pre11.9.2 database wouldn't give locking scheme information since there's only one option.

else the following SQL statement will return the list of all DOL tables

Code:
    SELECT name
    FROM sysobjects
    WHERE sysstat2 & 8192 = 0
    AND type='U'