Charlotte NC

Unanswered: Task Center Error

I am running DB2 Enterprise Eddition Version 8 with no fix paks( Im D/L Fixpak 5 as we type) Im running on Windows 2003 server with no Service pack (dont know that there is one yet) Every time I try to schedual a task through the controle center I get the following error.
    SQL22282N The scheduler is unable to access the Tools Catalog Database. Reason code = "1" and SQLCODE "-567".

I have gone through the help and made sure the schema is asociated with the instance and the right database is set up. I have made sure that my id was in the admin group with both databases (the tools DB and the DB im tring to schedual a task for). Im lost at this point. Im new to DB2 so I know its probably something very simple. Any help would be great.

Re: Task Center Error

Have you checked the admin cfg variables
    to see if they are pointing to the correct
    toolsdb and toolscatalog?

Kristian K. Hansen
    Project Supervisor
    National Board of Health

If u have not create the tools catalog, use following command to create
    create tools catalog <catalog name> use existing tablespace <a 32 k tablespace> in database <db name> force

You should create one 32k system temp tablespace also.

If u have created the tools catalog, make sure u have set following parameter with following cmmand,

db2 -v update admin cfg using sched_enable on
    db2 -v update admin cfg using toolscat_inst <yr instance name>
    db2 -v update admin cfg using toolscat_db <database which have tools catalog>
    db2 -v update admin cfg using toolscat_schema <schema which have tools catalog>