Thread: Time AM/PM

Unanswered: Time AM/PM

Entering 01:15 into a medium date/time format defaults to 01:15 AM when the actual time is 01:15 PM. How can this time be entered using 01:15 NOT 13:15 ?

Thank you

You'll have to add the explicit PM to the time or add a AM/PM selection in conjunction with the time ...

Thank you for your reply.

With the field set as a medium time, it does not allow me to enter anything more than the 5 characters 01:15. Is there another way to allow that ? And by adding a AM/PM selection in conjunction with the time, do you mean a separate combo/list box for the AM/PM ?

Originally posted by M Owen
    You'll have to add the explicit PM to the time or add a AM/PM selection in conjunction with the time ...

Would the use of the 24 hour clock be more advisable ? This system allows for greater accuracy and makes data storage/navigation much easier

regards
    gareth

My quandary is that the USER wants to be able to enter time in 12 hour intervals, not military time. Can you do that with a 24 hour clock ?

Originally posted by garethfx
    Would the use of the 24 hour clock be more advisable ? This system allows for greater accuracy and makes data storage/navigation much easier

regards
    gareth

Garethfx is right!
    You may be able to make 2 fields one with military time and regular time and just display the regular time!!
    Gotta to do some code

Hi
    is there a way you could let us in on how the time data is used in the database?

and

is the time entered as an "after the event" situation?

gareth

Yes, the time is used for tracking purposes and it is entered either at the time of or after the event. ex: The error occurred at 3:15 AM, 1:15 PM, etc.

hi RIGHT!

I can only think of this way to get you passed your problem....

In the table where the time is to be stored against the field we'll call TIME (because i dont know what youve called it) in the section "Input Mask" place ------ this 09:00\ >LL;0;_

This will allow the user to put in ie 09:45PM it WILL require your user to type the 0 9 4 5 P M but will go in as 09:45 PM

if you have the text box already made put the same mask in the input mask area to make the entry as that above

TIP: copy and paste the 09:00\ >LL;0;_

and paste in to speed it up

Hope this is some help

gareth

Yes it was a huge help. I've tried it and it worked. I've tried similar scenarios to that, but I think because there is no clear definition in Access of what each element is (order, etc.) in an input mask and how they are strung together (or I couldn't find it anyway) it wasn't working. Thank you very much !

pleased to have helped.............