Angry Unanswered: Oracle8i on RH9 Linux can't install

I am attempting to install Oracle 8i on Red Hat Linux 9. I have configured the kernel, set all the variables, created the users and mount points. When I run the runInstaller script I get a message that says:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from: (path).. please wait

It then hangs. Does anyone have a clue as to why this may be?? Is it any better on RH8 or RH7??

Thanks in advance!

PS. If it helps, I found the jre script that it was using to start Java and set debug mode. I have attached a file with the output.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Oracle8i on RH9 Linux can't install

Originally posted by rwalters
    I am attempting to install Oracle 8i on Red Hat Linux 9. I have configured the kernel, set all the variables, created the users and mount points. When I run the runInstaller script I get a message that says:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from: (path).. please wait

It then hangs. Does anyone have a clue as to why this may be?? Is it any better on RH8 or RH7??

Thanks in advance!

PS. If it helps, I found the jre script that it was using to start Java and set debug mode. I have attached a file with the output.
    Will be better when you install Oracle 8i on Redhat7 because 8 and 9 version has some new features (in glibc and kernel) that cause problems with 8i (also 9i but you still can solve it).