Arrow Unanswered: Yahoogroup database... how to do it?

Can anybody give a newbie some guidance on how to create an interactive database like Yahoogroup's?

(I've set up a test Yahoogroup database if you want to play around with it: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/2004testing/database )

Some things I love in particular:

1. It's interactive... people can add records.
    2. Import and Export function.
    3. Each column sortable by ascending, descending.

Any tips on how I can do any of those 3 things with MySQL? Or should I use another tool?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

George

Re: Yahoogroup database... how to do it?

[SIZE=1]Originally posted by GeorgeKao

(I've set up a test Yahoogroup database if you want to play around with it: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/2004testing/database )
    Well if you want folks to look at this you need to change it so people outside the membership group can use it. Currently members only can use it.

Propably you'd want to use MySQL with PHP or ASP to create a database.

Thanks Guelphdad,

I have made the database as public as Yahoogroup will allow me... unfortunately Yahoogroup still requires joining the group to manipulate/see the database. I set it up as a test group so feel fre to join, check out the database, then unjoin the group.

Thanks for the tip about MySQL, PHP, and ASP. I'll be looking into that. Any quick tips about a good "beginner's guide" to any one of those three?

Thanks again.
    George

If you are fimilar with any coding (perferably c style) then I would recomend PHP and MySQL Web Development, 2nd Edition an overview can be found at here this book can be bought at Barns and Nobels. If you are not fimilliar with coding then I would recomend a simple quick pace book.