Thread: Pocket Access

Unanswered: Pocket Access

Hello all, I'm having a strange situation with my eVB application and Pocket Access. They were origionally designed to work with PocketPC 2002 with the functionality of copying the Pocket Access DB from one PocketPC 2002 to another using a flash card... which works great. Although, after installing the eVB app on a new PocketPC 2003, then copying the Pocket Access DB from the older PocketPC 2002 that contains all the accumulated data, onto the new PocketPC 2003, then try running the app on the PocketPC 2003, i get a database connenction error. It errors when trying to access the data.

Now here's the twist...if i copy the db to my PC which changes the data format to an .mdb, then import it into the new PocketPC 2003 using the import database option within ActivSync 3.7, which converts it back to a .cdb, it works on the new PocketPC 2003. Thats great but i need the ability for the users to swap DB's using their flash cards, without transfering to a PC and back.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening... could the ActiveSync 3.7 be converting the database into a different format when importing the database into PocketPC 2003?

ok... found the solution. It seems PocketPC 2003 maintains a different format for data files. Here's the microsoft link for further details and a data conversion utility.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...asewizard.mspx