Question Unanswered: How can I stop the execution on a JSP page and start it again

Hi

I am making a program that simulates how to manage transactions when accessing a database by using locks. I have run into a problem and I hope someone has the time to help me.

When a user does an update the transaction commits and releases its locks when the program executes

<%stmt.executeUpdate(“commit”); %>.

I need to put a break in to stop the program executing this statement, to illustrate the lock is set correctly.

• I have tried to put in an alert box but this does not prevent the rest of the java code being executed.

• I have tried to use prompt boxes, JavaScript functions, but these functions cannot have any java code in them.

• I have tried using the java.swing JOptionPane boxes but they cannot be used in jsp applications

• I have tried to get input from the user but I don’t know how to retrieve this data on the same page. (As far as I know you have to use submit and even refresh the page or retrieve it on the next page).

Does anyone know how I can stop the execution on a JSP page and start it again (on the same page)

Mette

Provided Answers: 1

Re: How can I stop the execution on a JSP page and start it again

Originally posted by mette
    Hi

I am making a program that simulates how to manage transactions when accessing a database by using locks. I have run into a problem and I hope someone has the time to help me.

When a user does an update the transaction commits and releases its locks when the program executes

<%stmt.executeUpdate(“commit”); %>.

I need to put a break in to stop the program executing this statement, to illustrate the lock is set correctly.

• I have tried to put in an alert box but this does not prevent the rest of the java code being executed.

• I have tried to use prompt boxes, JavaScript functions, but these functions cannot have any java code in them.

• I have tried using the java.swing JOptionPane boxes but they cannot be used in jsp applications

• I have tried to get input from the user but I don’t know how to retrieve this data on the same page. (As far as I know you have to use submit and even refresh the page or retrieve it on the next page).

Does anyone know how I can stop the execution on a JSP page and start it again (on the same page)

Mette
    java.lang.Thread.sleep()

Thanks