Unanswered: edit/add info in subforms

I have a couple of subforms on a main form. Each subform is linked to the mainform via parent-child fields.
    In the main form, when adding a record, I have an event after update in a field then a docmd runsql "insert ..... etc runs, to inseert info into the fields in the tables for the subforms. The subforms are then activated to show the various controls. However when I attempt to enter information into the subforms, the information does not show.

I have played around with the properties for each of the subforms, to whit:
    allow edits ..... yes
    allow deletions.yes
    allow additions.yes
    data entry.......no
    recordset type.Dynaset

It would appear from the above that data entry wouldn't be allowed (quitecorrectly), however when I change the properties to yes,yes,yes,yes for example, then the subform doesn't even 'register' after the update in the main form.

I have tried the various combinations of yes/no for the properties so I'm not sure what I should be looking at now. Can someone tell me how the properties of mainforms & subforms are associated (if at all), and what I should be setting the properties to.

cheers

I would first simplify the whole debugging situation by makeing a copy of the database and then removing all but one of the subforms and remove any code acting on those deleted subforms.

Then just start deleting, changing stuff 'till you learn what makes it break.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

Thanks Ken. Have done all that, but I must be a ssssllllooooooowww learner as I still can't get the workings.

Have been able to get subform working correctly as a main form (stand alone?), but once used as a sub form it's as though the keyboard is not being recognised.

I've gone back and had a look at previous databases where I've used forms/subforms and can't for the life of me see what I've done differently.

Cheers anyway.

Would you have a copy of the database?

Do you have a copy of the database? I dont know that I will be able to help but I will see if there is anything a second pair of eyes may notice that you didnt. I noticed you had DataEntry set to 'no' have you tried setting that to 'yes'? It would seem no matter how much you told those other things yes that if you dont let it input data that it doesnt matter and hence your keyboard problem. If the above doesnt work let me know if you can let me view the database.

Hope it helps,
    Jarvis
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

attached .zip as requested. Bear in mind it is dev.

Not seeing the zip

I am sorry I am not seeing the attachment?

you can email it to me if you like. patriot@the-patriot.net

Originally posted by rodmead
    attached .zip as requested. Bear in mind it is dev.
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs