Question Unanswered: Combining 2 databases

Hi,
    Can I am Desiging a database for an ERP application. It has 3 modules: FM, MRP, HR. Can I design the tables for each of the module separately and then combine all of the things together.(triggers too). If yes then how to combine them? Please let me now.

Regards,
    Anil
    Anil Kumar Bommareddy

To combine two (or more) databases as your post title suggestes, you can Link them. To view data from different tables within the database you can use (make) a Query.

See your MSAccess Help File for more information about thses items.

Just one added suggestion--if you want to change one of the tables but keep the data in the other table unchanged, you can add a Make Table query to the second database to effectively archive the original data. For example this may be useful for maintaining quarterly financial records in the ERP application, or for periodic snapshots of the HR or other databases.

Exclamation Thanx But...

Hi,
    Thanx for ur suggestions, but the actual thing what i want is to combine 2 mdb fine into one, to be more specific. Can u please show me the way?

Regards,
    Anil
    Anil Kumar Bommareddy

Go into one of the MDB files by opening the Microsoft Access application. Select File, Get External Data, Import, then browse around to the other MDB file. Etc etc. Hope this helps.