Thread: Spiralling

Unanswered: Spiralling

I have a job that creates approximately 400 jobs. This runs every 20 minutes. It takes about 10 seconds to run. However after it has run about 10 times all of a sudden the time taken to run is 13 minutes. It only goes back to 10 seconds if I reboot the server !

Any Ideas

It is SQL 2000 SP3

Check processes, locks on server - something should be found...

400 jobs? Does it keep on creating or you also delete them? I remember there was an issue we had to address with M$ when deletion of more than 100 jobs was causing some grief. I don't even remember what it was causing exactly, been awhile. Try to isolate it by just creating and deleting them, or minimize the number of jobs down to let's say 50 and see if the problem persists.

Thanks, There must be something in there because if I stop and start the SQL service it is OK again. There must be a lock in Tempdb or msdb although it is curious that it occurs after 10 runs every time.

Originally posted by rdjabarov
    400 jobs? Does it keep on creating or you also delete them? I remember there was an issue we had to address with M$ when deletion of more than 100 jobs was causing some grief. I don't even remember what it was causing exactly, been awhile. Try to isolate it by just creating and deleting them, or minimize the number of jobs down to let's say 50 and see if the problem persists.

It does delete, I will try this