Red face Unanswered: Export/Import of tables of a big tablespace

Hello,

I have a tablespace with a lot of applications tables (500 aprox.).
    The tablespace is defined with a page size of 4Kb and it has reached the maxim limit of space allocation.

I've moved the two big tables includes in this tablespace to a new one tablespace and now I have 50 Gb of free space that I can't use it.

Using a Restore/redirect of the tablespace is not posible to reduce this size because I have empty pages that increasing the HighWater Mark and is not posible to reduce the size of the tablespace bellow this mark.
    There are utilities to reduce the HWM but doesn't work in this case.

Is posible to move a high number of tables using the export/import utility using a script or something similar??

I'm working under DB2 UDB 7.2 Fixpak 10 and OS AIX 5.1

Kind regards,

Superfayer.
    Last edited by superfayer; 04-05-04 at 12:24.

Re: Export/Import of tables of a big tablespace

Originally posted by superfayer
    Hello,

I have a tablespace with a lot of applications tables (500 aprox.).
    The tablespace is defined with a page size of 4Kb and it has reached the maxim limit of space allocation.

I've moved the two big tables includes in this tablespace to a new one tablespace and now I have 50 Gb of free space that I can't use it.

Using a Restore/redirect of the tablespace is not posible to reduce this size because I have empty pages that increasing the HighWater Mark and is not posible to reduce the size of the tablespace bellow this mark.
    There are utilities to reduce the HWM but doesn't work in this case.

Is posible to move a high number of tables using the export/import utility using a script or something similar??

I'm working under DB2 UDB 7.2 Fixpak 10 and OS AIX 5.1

Kind regards,

Superfayer.
    Have you looked at db2move? It's in the "Data Movement Utilities Guide and Reference". It's not perfect, but it might automate some of it.
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant