Unanswered: Transfering combo value before update

Hi,
    I have a combo box that I want to pass the value of to a text box before it updates.
    i.e if the combo box contains the value "blue", but the user changes it to "red" I want the value of "blue" to be transfered to a particulatr text box called "precolour"

How can I achieve this I've tried the Before Update event on both the combo box and the form but this takes the latest value.

Regards
    John

Re: Transfering combo value before update

Originally posted by Sticker
    Hi,
    I have a combo box that I want to pass the value of to a text box before it updates.
    i.e if the combo box contains the value "blue", but the user changes it to "red" I want the value of "blue" to be transfered to a particulatr text box called "precolour"

How can I achieve this I've tried the Before Update event on both the combo box and the form but this takes the latest value.

Regards
    John
    OldValue ... This holds the previous contents ...

Thanks Mike

Not certian how I would implement this. It obviously can only be done via VB. So is it a case of a Module being written?

If the form was called "paint" and the fields were "colour" (the field being updated) and "precolour" (the field that holds the old data), what would the syntax be?

Regards
    John

Originally posted by Sticker
    Thanks Mike

Not certian how I would implement this. It obviously can only be done via VB. So is it a case of a Module being written?

If the form was called "paint" and the fields were "colour" (the field being updated) and "precolour" (the field that holds the old data), what would the syntax be?

Regards
    John
    Forms![paint].colour.Value=Forms![paint].precolour.OldValue

Thanks for the umpteenth time Mike, you really are a saviour

Regards
    John