Unanswered: Setting Booleans to Null

I have a DB set up in access that I'm using via ADO and VBA. I have often been attempting to set boolean fields to Null, but this automatically just sets the boolean to default (generally False).

Is there anyway to set booleans to Null, or will the always automatically set themselves to default?

Thanks,
    Viggy

Re: Setting Booleans to Null

Originally posted by Viggy
    I have a DB set up in access that I'm using via ADO and VBA. I have often been attempting to set boolean fields to Null, but this automatically just sets the boolean to default (generally False).

Is there anyway to set booleans to Null, or will the always automatically set themselves to default?

Thanks,
    Viggy
    When you specify a default value in the table design all new records will have that value unless overridden ... Generally you set it with NULL or not make an assignment (goes back to the 1st point) ...

The problem is I am completely unable to set anything to Null. I've tried a variety of combinations, but in the end, my choices are always two, not three (which makes sense, but I know that there are ways to make it 3 choices). So no matter what I try, setting something to Null is the equivlant of setting it to False/No/Off, etc...

Basically, I guess I'm asking what I can do so that I am even able to set something to Null. Access doesn't seem to even be giving me that choice...

Thanks,
    Viggy