Thread: Access Errors

Unanswered: Access Errors

I am using PHP to connect to a MySQL database. When I connect I get the error:

Unable to connect to MySQL server: servername : '' :Access denied for user: 'username@servername' (Using password: YES)

I am able to connect using this user from the command prompt and I am able to access the database just fine. I am also able to connect from PHP if start mysqld with the --skip-grant-tables option. I do not want to have to run my database with this option so does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Re: Access Errors

Originally posted by cmptrguru7
    I am using PHP to connect to a MySQL database. When I connect I get the error:

Unable to connect to MySQL server: servername : '' :Access denied for user: 'username@servername' (Using password: YES)

I am able to connect using this user from the command prompt and I am able to access the database just fine. I am also able to connect from PHP if start mysqld with the --skip-grant-tables option. I do not want to have to run my database with this option so does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    Try to search in this forum and you'll get the answer...

Re: Access Errors

Originally posted by ika
    Try to search in this forum and you'll get the answer...
    Thanks