Thread: Query problems

Angry Unanswered: Query problems

I have a problem with a query. It runs fine on Access 2003 and Access XP, but not so well on 2000, which is what it will be running on once the database design is complete. It requests user input. Here is my criteria from the query design:

[Enter a single date to display data entered on, or leave blank to enter a date range to display:] Or Between [Enter the beginning date of all the data you want displayed:] And [Enter the ending date of all the data you want displayed:]

The pop-up box that displays the prompt for user input only displays the first 46 characters of the criteria statement, and doesn't loop through it properly. The order it loops is --> Enter a single date... Enter the ending date... Enter a single date... Enter the ending date....

Is there a fix for this, for both the truncating and the improper looping? Do I have to keep my propmts down to 46 characters? Like I said it works fine on 2003 and XP, just not on 2000.

ANyone had this problem? Thanks -- Adam

Re: Query problems

Can you post the code you are using?
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

Re: Query problems

Originally posted by SCIROCCO
    Can you post the code you are using?
    Here is the SQL code:

SELECT [Main PO Table].[Entered Date], [Main PO Table].[PO#], [Main PO Table].[Moved in Consolidation?], [Main PO Table].[Origin City], [Main PO Table].Vendor, [Main PO Table].[FreightLink Ref#], [Main PO Table].[Weight (KG's)], [Main PO Table].Pieces, [Main PO Table].Buyer, [Main PO Table].Carrier, [Main PO Table].[Date PO Received], [Main PO Table].[Pick Up Date], [Main PO Table].[Appt Date], [Main PO Table].[Del Date on PO], [Main PO Table].[Actual Del Date], [Main PO Table].[On Time?], [Main PO Table].[Invoice Date], [Main PO Table].[Freight Stnd Cost], [Main PO Table].[Invoice Amount], [Main PO Table].Rebate, [Main PO Table].Costs, [Main PO Table].[Invoice Notes], [Main PO Table].[OP Notes]
    FROM [Main PO Table]
    WHERE ((([Main PO Table].[Entered Date])=[Enter a single date to display PO's entered on, or leave blank to enter a date range to display:] Or ([Main PO Table].[Entered Date]) Between [Enter the beginning date date of all the PO's you want displayed:] And [Enter the ending date of all the PO's you want displayed:]))
    ORDER BY [Main PO Table].[Entered Date];

Kind of sloppy but its the code that Access generated, I just used the query design mode to build it.

Adam