Unanswered: Database for multiple users

I am going to build a database for a company with Microsoft access. But I am not quite sure what are the technologies or softwares needed for the process, please give advices and suggestions, thanks.

Here is the situation :

The database will be only used by the company staffs internally, there will be about 30 computers linking to the database, each of these computers can only view the records. For adding, deleting and editing the data, it can only be done with the computer that's having the database in it.

The database will be quite large, currently there is already about 40,000 over records on the customer database.

30 Concurrent users ?

I checked the internet and there seems to be varying reports:

You can have 255 concurrent connections but don't confuse that with users. Some
    application will open multiple connections into an MDB by using several queries and
    forms. One user might periodically open 2,3 or 8 connections.

or

10 users at the same time is generally the limit for MS Access, but all users are treated the same, which basically means 10 page views at the same time, or rather 10 SQL queries at the same time.

or even

The maximum number of users in the Access version varies with environment and database volume, but generally Access will run well for 2-6 simultaneous users.

Take your pick, personally if I had this many users, I'd seriously consider SQL.

A suggestion:

However, if this is not an option, you might be able to get away with creating reports in Excel and sending them via Email to the users.

If you know specific criteria that each user is going to be looking for, you could generate a report, then they'd have no need to be looking in a database.

I did this with an engineering company last year, they didn't want the expense of SQL or the support, we generated stocks reports by items on a daily basis in a specific folder. EG a different spreadsheet for each part type like pump, valve, gearing, axles, drives and misc. Each of the spreadsheets had 3 tabs Stock In, Out and rejects.

Hope that helps a bit, I know its probably not what you want to see

Ken