Unanswered: Group by and show details in query

Can anyone tell me how to group by in an access query and show the details of everything assoicated with the query. For example on an access report you can group by a varaible and also show all the details, and then at the end have the totals of the group by varaible. I can readily get a summary of all calculated fields say estimated profit and actual profit for one division. However if I wanted all the details of the divison like the project manager or job id and things like that I cant get it. I can only get that information from a report. I need to be able to port the information from this query to excel, and the report cant bring over averages like a query can. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Smile Re: Group by and show details in query

Originally posted by alucard
    Can anyone tell me how to group by in an access query and show the details of everything assoicated with the query. For example on an access report you can group by a varaible and also show all the details, and then at the end have the totals of the group by varaible. I can readily get a summary of all calculated fields say estimated profit and actual profit for one division. However if I wanted all the details of the divison like the project manager or job id and things like that I cant get it. I can only get that information from a report. I need to be able to port the information from this query to excel, and the report cant bring over averages like a query can. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    You can create your detail query and use functions such as DSum and DCount to pull in calculations from the same table. The values that you retrieve will be associated with each row that your query returns though.

I'm not sure how a crosstab query would fit your needs but it offers some different abilities that select queries can't.

Just some thoughts.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.