Question Unanswered: Edition Question for Analysis Services

Hi All

I come with Oracle background and we are planning to use SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services for OLAP.

Brief background on our app: The largest of our fact tables has about 500,000 rows per month. We plan to store three years worth of data. We will have other smaller cubes that we will have to build in addition to this. The source data will come from Oracle tables.

I am struggling to decide between the two SQL Server editions (Standard and Enterprise). I'm highlighting the things that I need some help with in order to make the decision:

Memory Limitation
    ------------------
    Standard Edition only supports up to 2GB. Considering relatively large cube size (is it?), is this a limitation in our case?

Calcualted Cells (only in Enterprise Edition)
    ----------------
    I didn't fully understand this one in the documentation, not having spent a lot of time. We do have a number of calculations such as the Revenue/Expense, Margin calculations, etc. Is this an important feature that I should consider?

Partitions:
    -----------
    I doubt that we will be partitioning across multiple servers (may not need distributed partioning, linked cubes). However, within a single database/instance, do I have the option to partition the cube (does it help to do so for cube manageability) if I went with Standard Edition? Also, given the large fact tables, I may want to incrementally add monthly data to the cube. Would it help to partition the cube in this case and, do I need Enterprise Edition for this?

HTTP Internet Support: (Enterprise Edition only)
    ----------------------
    I would think that the HTTP access is applicable to intranet applications (ours is one). Does this support in Enterprise Edition automatically means that the data is available for analysis over the web? What tool would I use to access the data (other than the third party tools such as Crystal Analysis, Brio, etc)? I am trying to see what this means and how this relates to my decision on Std Vs Enterprise Editions.

I really appreciate any input you may have on this.

Thanks in advance
    Murthy Jarugumilli

I would suggest to adopt Enterprise Edition as you already know the limitaitons of Standard edition.

In general Standard edition is used as a database server for a small workgroup or department.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]