Unanswered: Getting Value from Subform

I'm trying to open/launch a form from a subform and set the value of an ID field to match the ID field of the subform so they're linked . I've done this many times between regular forms (non subforms) without difficulty, for example:

Forms!SalesDetail.MICustID = Forms!MICustListForm.CUST_NUMBER

When I substitute a subform on the right side of the equation, I always get a "Unable to locate the form" type of error. I'm sure there's an obvious answer, looking forward to finding it out.

Thanks,

Beeyule
    Thanks,
    Bill

I just learned this. Reference the field in the subform via the parent form:

Forms!ParentForm!SubForm!field

Use the name of the subform control in the parent form, not the form name of the subform.
    SteveH

Re: Getting Value from Subform

Originally posted by beeyule
    I'm trying to open/launch a form from a subform and set the value of an ID field to match the ID field of the subform so they're linked . I've done this many times between regular forms (non subforms) without difficulty, for example:

Forms!SalesDetail.MICustID = Forms!MICustListForm.CUST_NUMBER

When I substitute a subform on the right side of the equation, I always get a "Unable to locate the form" type of error. I'm sure there's an obvious answer, looking forward to finding it out.

Thanks,

Beeyule
    You can do this to:
    Forms!SalesDetail.MICustID = Forms![YourMainForm]![YourSubform]![YourControl]
    I hope this help you.
    Saludos
    Norberto