Unanswered: need to insert 70 million records and prevent long transastion

Can someone give me some help? This weekend I will be copying 70 million rows from one table to another. Fore resons not worth going into, I cannot use HPL. I did some timing testing last weekend and found that I start getting long transaction errors at about 50 million rows.

Are there settings I can temporarily change to get around this long transaction issue? I am running IDS 9.40.
    -thanks in advance

Create more logical logs or split up the action in multiple statements.

Greetings,

Rob Prop

Re: need to insert 70 million records and prevent long transastion

Originally posted by WiccaChic
    Can someone give me some help? This weekend I will be copying 70 million rows from one table to another. Fore resons not worth going into, I cannot use HPL. I did some timing testing last weekend and found that I start getting long transaction errors at about 50 million rows.

Are there settings I can temporarily change to get around this long transaction issue? I am running IDS 9.40.
    -thanks in advance

Try turning off transaction logging. Set the TAPEDEV param to /dev/null and run ontape -s -N <dbname>.

Create Raw table of similar stracture and load the 70 million records.
    after loading alter the raw table to standard table, enforce constraints and indexes as required. after the entire process take level-0 backup.

Regards
    Chakravarthi