Thread: db2ilist

Question Unanswered: db2ilist

Does anyone know where db2ilist stores the list of Instances? I am trying to figure out if when I run the db2istrt command from rc.db2 if it pulls the information from a system directory (/var or /usr) or from an application database directory.......

This is in prep for running HACMP on our UDB server.....

Koz

Re: db2ilist

On a V7 system,
    /var/db2/v71/profiles.reg

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by Koz
    Does anyone know where db2ilist stores the list of Instances? I am trying to figure out if when I run the db2istrt command from rc.db2 if it pulls the information from a system directory (/var or /usr) or from an application database directory.......

This is in prep for running HACMP on our UDB server.....

Koz

Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Can we edit this file....It says readonly.

The problem for me when i run the db2ilist it is pointing to a instance which is either deleted or not doesnot exist.

there is an instance db2inst1 ....but how can i make this to point to that instance ??

Quote Originally Posted by sdsu View Post

The problem for me when i run the db2ilist it is pointing to a instance which is either deleted or not doesnot exist.

there is an instance db2inst1 ....but how can i make this to point to that instance ??
    export DB2INSTANCE=instance_name

and then run db2profile for this instance:
    . ~db2v8i1/sqllib/db2profile
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Quote Originally Posted by sdsu View Post

Check the content of profile.reg under db2 installation dir. This file contains a list of instance for the <installation dir>. For example:

<-instv9-> db2ilist
    instv9

<-instv9-> more /opt/ibm/db2/V9.1/profiles.reg
    instv9

What you can try to do is to stop the instance, rename this file and then restart the instance. DB2 should recreate this file.

I believe this file no longer exists starting with v9.7