Unanswered: Access Test / Exam

Please Help!

I have to produce a test / exam for candidates at an interview to sit, testing their knowledge of MS Access, SQL and VBA and I donít really know where to start.

Does anyone have a copy of a test that they once sat or one that their company uses? I've tried looking online, but the only free ones I can find are quite basic!

Any suggestions for questions would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Thumbs up Re: Access Test / Exam

get hold of a good book and make your own !!! how about that !!!

Originally posted by emma_com
    Please Help!

I have to produce a test / exam for candidates at an interview to sit, testing their knowledge of MS Access, SQL and VBA and I donít really know where to start.

Does anyone have a copy of a test that they once sat or one that their company uses? I've tried looking online, but the only free ones I can find are quite basic!

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Access Test / Exam

Originally posted by khan
    get hold of a good book and make your own !!! how about that !!!
    That was insightful.

Re: Access Test / Exam

Originally posted by emma_com
    Please Help!

Thanks.
    The test can be make a program, that is design the tables, make the query and make the forms, you define what program.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Exams - tests and things

The trouble here is knowing how deeply you want to test the candidates.

I did devise a test for my last employer, after my manager contrived to hire, as a developer, someone who struggled to turn a computer on.

The test started easy, and with very general questions. One simply had an extract from an innvoice and asked how the candidate would develop a table structure from it. The more difficult questions involved asking how you could alter two variables from one function (the old byVal or byRef thing), and a few simply asked them to spot the deliberate mistake.

I'd seriously suggest taking some of the work you do and writing it into the test, with queries and table structures you already have and asking the candidates obvious questions (which field is a good candidate for a primary key) to much harder ones, how would you resolve a many to many relationship ...

(My exam did have some success, my manager almost employed another candidate, but decided against it when he scored 1 out of 870.)

Good luck