Unanswered: Query criteria box: showing more lines

I thought I had seen this topic here, but cannot find it.

Can anyone please tell me how I might get the Query criteria box to display all of the information (such as, for example: [Enter Situation, eg Weak/Strong/Competitive/Non-competitive/Dynamic]). The box truncates most of the above.

Thx.

Provided Answers: 1
    In this situation, I would recommend creating a small parameter selection form with a combo box containing the available options.

Is that possible in your project?

Well, this is to facilitate running the appropriate report off a query. The user clicks a button for a particular group of reports and, depending on what is typed in the criteria box, the appropriate report is pulled up in preview mode.

Provided Answers: 1
    From what you describe, I would stand behind my original recommendation.

I'm not sure how your db is setup, but there's a couple ways to do this.

The quick-fix way is to create a small form for each group of reports that has a combo box containing each possible criteria. Then call the actual report from there.

Depending on your schema, if each report has like a "group_id" or something like that, you could actually put the combobox on the form you already have. Then in the after update for whatever control your user is to specifiy a particular group of reports, you could populate the combo box with options relevant to that group. Then you can pass the value of the combo box to the report instead of trying to re-invent the parameter box.

I've done this using two listboxes before, the first listbox containing categories or "groups", the second containing available reports within that group, then passing both values to the OpenReport statement.

Thank you. Will give it a try.

Originally posted by Teddy
    From what you describe, I would stand behind my original recommendation.

I'm not sure how your db is setup, but there's a couple ways to do this.

The quick-fix way is to create a small form for each group of reports that has a combo box containing each possible criteria. Then call the actual report from there.

Depending on your schema, if each report has like a "group_id" or something like that, you could actually put the combobox on the form you already have. Then in the after update for whatever control your user is to specifiy a particular group of reports, you could populate the combo box with options relevant to that group. Then you can pass the value of the combo box to the report instead of trying to re-invent the parameter box.

I've done this using two listboxes before, the first listbox containing categories or "groups", the second containing available reports within that group, then passing both values to the OpenReport statement.