Unanswered: Capturing Linked Table Name

I am trying to find a way (internal Access variable or something) to grab the directory and table name that the Linked Manager is currently linked to. For example, my current mdb is DoorOrder.mdb, but the tables I am linked to is called CDO.mdb. How can I get that into into a variable to see if the user changed it?

stLinkedName= "c:\CDO\CDO.mdb"

Is there code that I can write that I can get that information into a variable somehow?

Thanks for any help.

Jennifer

Re: Capturing Linked Table Name

Originally posted by JenniferA
    I am trying to find a way (internal Access variable or something) to grab the directory and table name that the Linked Manager is currently linked to. For example, my current mdb is DoorOrder.mdb, but the tables I am linked to is called CDO.mdb. How can I get that into into a variable to see if the user changed it?

Is there code that I can write that I can get that information into a variable somehow?

Thanks for any help.

Jennifer
    See in the help of Acces the topic "TableDefs".
    Saludos
    Norberto

Re: Capturing Linked Table Name

Create a tabledef object and loop thru its properties. One of the properties show the link. Store it in a variable.

Originally posted by JenniferA

Thanks for any help.

Jennifer

How?

Quote Originally Posted by khan
    Create a tabledef object and loop thru its properties. One of the properties show the link. Store it in a variable.
    Can anyone give an example of how you would do this?
    I'm triing to find a way to take the back-end path Linked table manger uses and put it in a variable?

Sudney