Unanswered: Subreport will not grow in page footer - CR 8.5

Using Crystal Reports 8.5.

I have a subreport in the page footer. The problem is that the page footer will not expand when the subreport does. So only a few records will be shown when I run the report.

One solution I tried was making the page footer section big. When I run the report with it like this it works, but when there are no records in the subreport the page footer section is still big. I checked suppress blank section but this does nothing. Also the subreport is set to "can grow". So I'm assuming that page footers can't grow dynamically with their content.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem. Also, When I put my subreport in the details section, it ran perfectly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Why dont you put it in the Report Footer?

Because I need it to show up on every page, not just the last page of the report.

Jwright,

Did you ever resolve this. I am currently having the same problem. I need the page footer to dynamically change to the number of records the subreport displays. Any luck or should I try a new approach?

problem still exists in Crystal Reports 2008

I'm using the CR Developer version of 2008 and this same problem still exists.