Thread: Export Question

Unanswered: Export Question

When learning how to export using the EXP command in oracle i remember being able to export to a file and get the database create command too in another file, although commented out.

I cannot remember how to do this again. Can someone please tell me how to get the database CREATE script using the EXP command.

Thanks for your help!

Tyler...

Hi,

Exp tool is used to create export of 1.user 2.tables & 3.database,
    Exp will create a dmp file whicg is in binary format. If i am not wrong, how could exp will create a database Create script to another file, i am
    not aware of this.

Thanks,
    Pagnint
    (No need to search web before posting new question)

Hi
    If I could have understood ur problem well that u wanna create the database with the dump file(output of exp command).
    Using exp command gets u a dump file(Binary) there are many modes of exporting from a database eg user mode,tablespace mode even u can just have an export of tables of ur choice.

After the dump is taken in user mode.
    If u import that into another DB that serves the purpose.

But I don't think that the log file which can be obtained contains create database command or u can export it into a file which will have those DDLs.

If u could find anything like that please do let us know.

Thank u
    KAushik

Even I really don't think that with the expor file, we can form the CREATE DATABASE.... statement. All you can do are the CREATE TABLE.....and CREATE INDEX commands using the indexfile parameter during import. The DDLs alone can be obtained by doing so.