Question Unanswered: Help fixing corrupt database!

In Access 97 - I have one database that is giving me nightmares.

I can open the database but it gives me an immediate error: "You don't have permission to run 'AutoExec'... to run this object you must have Open/Run permission for it...

I click OKAY and then try to open ANY of the tables I get another error:
    "Couldn't read definitions; no read definitions permissions for table or query 'xxxxx'.

It will not let me compact the database, but it will let me repair it!

I have been able to compact the database using the Jetcomp.exe utility off the MS site.

I have also tried to create a new database and import the objects from the 'damaged' one into the new database, but I get the same errors as above, it cannot read it due to some permission. garbage...

HELP!! What can I do? I am trying to eventually convert this database to a newer version of ACCESS...

Here is what I have tried to do

and do a Ctrl-F on "Couldn't create; no modify design permissions for table or query"

THanks Jerrie but still having problems..

THe second link was more relevant however, I did try to create a NEW database and then import the TABLES.. etc. into the new database. There was only ONE object [ one table ] that I could get to import, the rest all gave the same error: You don't have permission to import, export, or link.... you must have READ Design and READ DATA permissions.

The reason for the import to new database, is of course, to circumvent the SECURED.MDW file, bypass the security.. but from the article you sent in the first referral [yes, I read them all!! ] a previous designer or the original owner could have done this:

....."manually to remove the Open/Run permission from the database container for the Users group through the security menus or through code. This will prevent someone from opening the database by using another workgroup information file or the default System.mda/mdw. In Microsoft Access 97, the User Level Security Wizard is supposed to remove the Open/Run database permissions for the Users group, but fails to do so....."

This is where I am at..

Any more suggestions???

it doesn't sound the the db is corrupt, just secured. if you know the name of the mdw that the db wants try creating a new mdw with the same name. add yourself as a user and give yourself amin rights to the db object and all new objects. reopen the db using the new workgroup and hold down the shift key to bypass autoexec.

I did not think of that, I tried it and it works!!

Just to be on the safe side, I created a new db and imported the objects...

I have full control now---THANKS everyone for all the help!!!