Unanswered: Need help with Reports

I am tryint to use two queries to compile a report, but it is just not working the way I want it to. I would like for the report to generate detail in the top portion based upon one query, and detail in the footer portion that will be based upon a second query.

So far it will only display information from the second query that is directly related to the first (using a subform).

How can I get around this?

Re: Need help with Reports

Originally posted by christo_lew
    I am tryint to use two queries to compile a report, but it is just not working the way I want it to. I would like for the report to generate detail in the top portion based upon one query, and detail in the footer portion that will be based upon a second query.

So far it will only display information from the second query that is directly related to the first (using a subform).

How can I get around this?
    Subreports ...

That is what I meant...Subreport.

I've gotten it now to where it will show the records but not all of them. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have removed the master child links so that it is not trying to limit the data to that wich is in the primary report, and this allowed to show most of the subreport. It is still missing information.

When I look at the report that the Subreport is based on... It shows me all the data that I want.

Originally posted by christo_lew
    That is what I meant...Subreport.

I've gotten it now to where it will show the records but not all of them. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have removed the master child links so that it is not trying to limit the data to that wich is in the primary report, and this allowed to show most of the subreport. It is still missing information.

When I look at the report that the Subreport is based on... It shows me all the data that I want.
    Have 2 subreports not related to the parent ...

Where do I need to place the subform? Is placement important? It must be because when I placed it into the Report Footer of the main report It now shows me all of the information that I want. However, now it does not want to place my Subreport Report header at the top of the reports first page...it places it after the subreport Page Header.

I guess I will need to keep tooling aroung with it.

M Owen... Thanks! After I re read the thread, I realised what you were saying & it worked very well. I am off & running now!