Question Unanswered: MsgBox font size

I often use the MsgBox function in Visual Basic, but it always displays in 8-pt type, which some people say is too small. Does anyone know how to control the font size in a message box?

Thanks,
    DeeperLook

Re: MsgBox font size

That is a windows setting. Right-click on the desktop to get the display properties dialog, click on Appearence and then Advanced, select MessageBox and you are able to modify the font size color etc... So either teach your users how to do this or use API calls to make the changes while your application is running, and restore the changes after your application closes.
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

For a more simple approach, design a simple form which looks like msgbox and call it from your code whenever you want to display the msg. Put in 3 to 4 buttons and control their visibility and caption as per your need. If you need the icons also, define then in resource string and use it as per your need.

Regds

Thanks. Both of these suggestions are good ones. Since my database just has a small number of users, and only a couple of them are complaining about the font size, I think having the users set it in windows is the best way to go for now.

DeeperLook