Unanswered: what is the best DB with java ?

hi, i doing a java project, what is the best match database that use for java ? in term of reliability and performance ..thank you !

Everybody has his own opinion in this case. When I program java and I've got to use a database, I use Oracle. First of all, Oracle and Sun work closely together and there products support each other quit well. Offcourse everything depends on your project, not on your programming language. You got to see what your program got to do. If the program asks for a fast and rather small database, I would use MySql. Does your program asks for a big database with a lot of data and a lot of users, I would choose Oracle.

Everything depends on the project it self, not on the programming language (allthough, when you are programming C# in ASP.NET, I would use SQLServer just to keep it easy).
    A good programmer is a LAZY programmer!

Originally posted by Lazy
    Everybody has his own opinion in this case. When I program java and I've got to use a database, I use Oracle. First of all, Oracle and Sun work closely together and there products support each other quit well.
    i just started doing oracle, and I have an assignment on using JAVA with oracle...so can you recommend me any tutorial website that can help me on this?

Thank you so much