Question Unanswered: issue with "Numbers Stored as Text"

I am running against a little issue. I have an excel spreadsheet, that I need to be able to read in C#. No problem there. The issue is that the system creating the spreadsheet uses a particular trick to format an number, so that the leading "0" is intact and displays. For example, the system writes a '02.7 so that 2.7 displays.

When I travers the Range and read the value of the cell in c# or even the VBA Macro editor built into Excel, I get the numerical 02.7. I do not get the text '02.7. I need the full text. Does anyone know how excel stores the original data in the cell and how to get it back. I noticed that there is a little green triangle in the top, left corner of the cell. This has an error called "Number Stored as Text" I have tried looking at the range's error object with no luck.

Here is how I am getting the value in c#
    Excel.Range rngCurrent =
    exlRange.get_Range("B3", System.Reflection.Missing.Value);

rngCurrent.Value2.ToString();

Thanks!!

I can't reproduce completely without C#, but this simple case works in VBA:

In sheet1, cell A1: Format the cell as text (Format, Cells, Text). Type in 02.7

Sub test()
    With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1)
    Debug.Print .Value
    End With
    End Sub

Thanks! However, The problem is that the string '02.7 is entered into the cell. When I use the following code you have provided it still returns 02.7. I need to be able to get the whole string including the apostrophe.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by actuary
    I can't reproduce completely without C#, but this simple case works in VBA:

In sheet1, cell A1: Format the cell as text (Format, Cells, Text). Type in 02.7

Sub test()
    With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(1, 1)
    Debug.Print .Value
    End With
    End Sub