Unanswered: Databse recommendation

Hi,
    I am not sure where to post this, so forgive me if it is in the wrong place. I am looking for a PC based database program that will allow me to embed a graphic in the record - not just a link to the file - will let me link to a powerpoint viewer and MP3 player, let me create my own data entry screen - not just a table type entry screen, and will also let me work with Chinese characters. I am struggling now studying Chinese now and want to make an electronic textbook that will help me study and review. Freeware would be good - we are all Christian relief workers studying in China preparing to work in more remote areas. Alternatively, if a program like Access will do it, is there a compiler available that will let us run the datafile without having the application loaded on the computer? Thanks for any help you can provide.

T

Wink GNU Database Server

Use the MySQL databases & Servers
    To store the data directly to a database, just use the Binary blob format, many database allow you to store the data as is, be carefull in the time you read the content, i suggest to use a field that describes the content of the blob, so that let's you to choose the application to use before the data is loaded, and may you want to hevade some errors, so download the content in a temporally file.

I hope this helps you.

Check this: http://mysql.com

If you think I can help you more plase correspond to:
    http://technodeploy.com/portal
    you can post in english languaje as well.

Quote Originally Posted by haopengyou
    Hi,
    I am not sure where to post this, so forgive me if it is in the wrong place. I am looking for a PC based database program that will allow me to embed a graphic in the record - not just a link to the file - will let me link to a powerpoint viewer and MP3 player, let me create my own data entry screen - not just a table type entry screen, and will also let me work with Chinese characters. I am struggling now studying Chinese now and want to make an electronic textbook that will help me study and review. Freeware would be good - we are all Christian relief workers studying in China preparing to work in more remote areas. Alternatively, if a program like Access will do it, is there a compiler available that will let us run the datafile without having the application loaded on the computer? Thanks for any help you can provide.

T