Unanswered: lose data when relationship is created

hello,

I have a big problem. I am trying to create a one to many relationship from one table to another but in order for it to work correctly it means that the child table (field) loses all its data if I want to it to work.

I decide to continue with it and indeed all the data has gone, 1000+ names. If I click on the field then i get the drop down list and I can then add in the correct name. As I have so many names this would take forever. Is there any way i can copy all this data back in and keep the relationship. I backed up the table before I created the relationship hoping that I could simply copy it back in.

or is there a way I can create the relationship without losing this data to begin with.

I hope I have made my problem clear. It is hard to explain :O)

many thanks

neil

Re: lose data when relationship is created

Originally posted by neoice
    hello,

I have a big problem. I am trying to create a one to many relationship from one table to another but in order for it to work correctly it means that the child table (field) loses all its data if I want to it to work.

I decide to continue with it and indeed all the data has gone, 1000+ names. If I click on the field then i get the drop down list and I can then add in the correct name. As I have so many names this would take forever. Is there any way i can copy all this data back in and keep the relationship. I backed up the table before I created the relationship hoping that I could simply copy it back in.

or is there a way I can create the relationship without losing this data to begin with.

I hope I have made my problem clear. It is hard to explain :O)

many thanks

neil
    That occurs because the master table don´t have the same record than
    the child table in the field linked.
    Then all the record of the child table whose linked field are not in the master table loses.
    Saludos
    Norberto