Question Unanswered: populate list from two record groups

actually i want to populate a list with records from two columns of a table,so i just want to know that can it be possible to create two record groups from the two columns & populate the list from two record groups.

please elaborate

can you please elaborate your question with soem eg.
    regards,
    Chary

hi kadapa22

basically my problem is this:
    i have a form in which a user is entering a field machine_id,every machine_id has two types,i have taken text box field for machine_id & radio buttons for machine type & at the time of data entry user has to choose on type.So i want each time when the user enters the machine_id the label & value associated with the radio button change as per the machine_id.Actually there is master table for machine_id & type fields, so the value for machine type is to be retrieved from the master table,& it is required to change the value dynamically according to the machine_id.
    i hope now u got my question.
    the bottomline is that is it possible to change the value of radio buttons at run time.

Originally posted by s_bhanu80
    hi kadapa22

basically my problem is this:
    i have a form in which a user is entering a field machine_id,every machine_id has two types,i have taken text box field for machine_id & radio buttons for machine type & at the time of data entry user has to choose on type.So i want each time when the user enters the machine_id the label & value associated with the radio button change as per the machine_id.Actually there is master table for machine_id & type fields, so the value for machine type is to be retrieved from the master table,& it is required to change the value dynamically according to the machine_id.
    i hope now u got my question.
    the bottomline is that is it possible to change the value of radio buttons at run time.
    Are you speaking about the Oracle Forms or any other forms using VB?
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu

hi praveenpr

iam talking about developer form6i

Just assign the value to the item. But that value should be from one of the radio buttons attached to that item.
    If RB_ITEM is your radio group item in your forms and RB_1 (value '1')and RB_2 (value '2') are the radio buttons within that group, then you can assign '1' or '2' to your item RB_ITEM