Unanswered: Paradox 5.x - Edit AUTONUMBER Record

I am in desperate need of help. I am using Visual Basic 6. I am trying to "EDIT" a record in a Paradox 5.x table. I have no problem adding, deleting. My problem is trying to edit in a table where there is an AUTONUMBER field.

I query the table for the record, I update the field I want...No problem. When I pull that record back up, the AUTONUMBER field has changed. It is not the same when I started the edit.

I linked the tables in access and try the same edit. As soon as I change the field and click TAB to save the record, all the fields say: #DELETED. When I close the table and reopen it, the record apprears with the modified field, and the AUTONUMBER field has changed. I need to modify the record without changing the AUTONUMBER field.

I have also noticed one thing. This problem does not happen on one computer. The computer contains the following (3) files when I try to modify the record that are loaded in memory (idapi32.dll, idpdx32.dll, and idr200009.dll) all Borland / Inprise library files. Can someone please help, this problem has been bothering me for over 2 weeks. I know if I was using a Borland Programming environment, I could do this no problem, but the whole project was started & written in VB and I need to get it to work in this environment.

--Mike

This is probably a problem with the ODBC driver or ADO or the BDE.

You should try to update the ODBC drivers, the ADO and the BDE, that woyld probably solve the problem.

Bye!
    The only failure is not trying to do it.