Unanswered: SQL Server Options

Hi folks, Recently i've installed a fresh Installation of Opertaing Sys and SQL.
    Win 2000 server, sp4
    SQl 2000 Enterprise, sp3.
    I am using Domain user service startup for sql and is member of domain admin. I've manually added the user in Local-Admin group of the system. Obviously it's also has Sys-Admin server roles.
    The problem is; when i use enterprise manager and change any of the server settings; Priority Boost or Fix Memory Allocation for the Sql server, nothing happens, the options dialog box closes and doesn't ask for restarting the server neither does the settings take effect when i restart SQL.
    However if i change the settings using sp_configure using the same user; it works. i've assigned a fixed memory to SQL but the option "Reserver Physical Memory For SQL" won't work. Couldn't find this option in SP_Configure.
    Any ideas, what has gone wrong.

Re: SQL Server Options

sp_configure 'show advanced options','1'
    RECONFIGURE
    GO

You can then set the min server memory.

In Enterprise Manager how are you logging in? Are you logging in with trusted security as the domain admin who is running the SQL Server? If you are logging in as yourself, you will need to grant yourself, or a group you are a member of such as DB-Admin the appropriate rights.

If you are not using trusted security, you will need to be logged in as "sa".
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

Howdy!
    I've logged into the operating system with the same user being used as the startup service account. Sql is in mixed mode and i've regitered the server in EM using this user. Also i've tried registering SA. However it's working using sp_configure with these users.

So you're good to go??
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

Howdy!
    It's rather easy to do this using the stored-procedure. However it has been some how fixed.
    The SQL installation drive is NTFS with Everyone full permission. I remove the entry and added Local Admin group,System,Users, and Domain Admin group. Reset permissions on the whole drive. Now it works when i started SQL. But i couldn't understand that why it won't work if Everyone has full rights?
    Thanx.

when you assigned everyone full control over the drive it is possible that the option for allowing permissions to inherit to subfolders could have been overidden but it's more likely that the Microsoft SQl Server Directory or the services themselves didnt either inherit the permissions or that the os lock on those services wouldnt allow anyone other than admins to "own" the drive\services.

i have recently had the similar situ happen on a dc where the only account that could access a certain ad object was the admin account

goofy but true.

Thanx for explaining.

Howdy!